Go Down

Topic: Impact Measurement (Read 394 times) previous topic - next topic

sloppymuffin

Hi, I am trying to create a device that will be able to measure the force of impact from when I drive a toy car into the wall, so far i have been told to use an accelerometer but have not been given much detail other than that. I have an accelerometer mounter on my Arduino Uno board and have used the ADXL3xx code given in the tutorials to produce some data, but how would I graph this data into something i can read? Thank you very much.

sloppymuffin

Hi, I accelerometer mounted on my Arduino Uno board and have used the ADXL3xx code given in the tutorials to produce some data, but how would I graph this data into something i can read? Thank you very much in advance. (I have zero programming knowledge)

PaulS

but how would I graph this data into something i can read?

On the Arduino? Seems unlikely, doesn't it?

and have used the ADXL3xx code given in the tutorials

Oh, well that's clear what code you have. As mud.

sloppymuffin

What would you suggest? Im trying to create an Impact sensor/measurer

PaulS

What would you suggest?

I'd suggest that you start by posting the code that you are using, and any debug output you are seeing.

I'd further suggest that you define what you want to graph, and where you want that to happen.

AWOL

, but how would I graph this data into something i can read?

You could import your data into a spreadsheet, and use graphing from there, or you could write a Processing application to do it for you.
The thing to remember is that impact events are very short, and you don't want to be wasting too much time printing values whilst the event is occurring, so you maybe want to have a circular buffer scheme that buffers readings as fast as possible, and only prints the results when they've finished.
You don't have a lot of memory to do this, though.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

AWOL

Two very similar topics merged.
OP - do NOT cross-post, it wastes time.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up