Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Static IP for webserver with Arduino Wi-Fi Shield v2  (Read 810 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello

Does anyone know, how to set up an static IP address for a webserver created using the Arduino Wi-Fi shield??

Everytime I want to connect, the IP address change, and for my project that is a big problem.

I've been looking some info, and all I can find is the no-ip thing, and also something that I need to pay for an static IP to my service company.

Thanks!!

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

That depends how your network is managed. If it's just a home network with DHCP provided by a router or similar, you can just choose an IP address which no other devices are using, hard-code that address in your sketch, and preferably configure the DHCP server to exclude that address from the set it will offer to other clients.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Does anyone know, how to set up an static IP address for a webserver created using the Arduino Wi-Fi shield??

From reading post here, you can't at this time assign a static IP address to the wi-fi shield.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

New Jersey
Faraday Member
View Profile

I have a Linux web server with a non-static IP address. I use dyndns-at-home.com to map a URL to my current public IP and my router takes care of directing port 80 traffic to the right machine. The web server runs an application which tells dyndns what my current IP is from time to time. I assume that the protocol used to do this is simple (UDP?) but I don't know if anyone has done it from an arduino.

I suspect though, that if any machine on your internal network were running the dyndns app, you could use router configuration to pass http traffic to your arduino. It would simply need a fixed address on your internal network. The dns service is free, and I'm sure there are others.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: