Go Down

Topic: MSGEQ7 7 band filter (Read 661 times) previous topic - next topic

DaveC2

Dec 16, 2012, 07:38 pm Last Edit: Dec 16, 2012, 07:43 pm by DaveC2 Reason: 1
I bought 20 of these chips from Ebay, and turns out they're all duff/dead. Can anyone recommend a good source for these please? The ebay price was pretty cheap (80p each, turns out there was a reason for that!) I'm in the UK. Not going to name and shame the seller as I'm waiting to see if I can get a refund/replacement batch.

Alternatively, anyone know of another chip that does the same, maybe with more bands?

(I've used FFT before on the Arduino, but for the project I'm working on I want to free up the CPU time a bit more, so want to use the hardware filtering.)

Cheers,
Dave

DaveC2

Dec 17, 2012, 05:49 pm Last Edit: Dec 17, 2012, 05:51 pm by DaveC2 Reason: 1
Well, turns out it's not worth the cost of sending them all back. (I actually had 5 lots of 20, not a single working unit from ~30 tested; all gave either no output or random noise dropping to zero upon input) Lesson learned I guess! Disposed of them and using a second 328 to do FFT instead - actually gives me a lot more channels, so I guess it's a good thing!  :)

sh33pd0g

Any chance of some code showing how you implemented FFT on Arduino?

Thanks, Dan

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy