Go Down

Topic: Atlas Scientific PH probe results query (Read 69 times) previous topic - next topic

I am doing a project at home using the arduino uno board and the atlas scientific ph probe.

I did some initial testing to observe the results of the PH probe. I inserted the probe in 3 liquids of PH 4,7, 10 and collected readings at a interval of 1 second for 30 - 45 minutes.

Using those readings I plotted a graph of Ph vs Time. (results attached)

I have the following questions in case someone has used the same instrument before -:

1) I never get a stable reading using the probe. Is this expected?
2) If the answer to question 1) is true then how should one measure PH of a solution accurately.

The intention of my experiment is to see the variation in PH with varying temperature. Currently I am not sure how to understand the PH readings as they keep varying and sometime keeps jumping up and down.

Any help in understand this would be very helpful.

Paul_KD7HB

Without knowing how you have the probe connected and what your software looks like, it's a bit difficult to know what you are doing.

Did you read the data sheet? This current (which can be positive or negative) is very weak and cannot be detected with a multimeter, or an analog to digital converter. This weak electrical signal
can easily be disrupted and care should be taken to only use proper
connectors and cables.

What interface board do you have between the probe and the Arduino? Are you allowing for both positive and negative current from the probe?

Paul

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy