Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Receive Video through the USB and transmit it via bluetooth  (Read 761 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All,

Im using Arduino Duemilanove with the ATmega328.

Will it be possible to receive a video signal through the USB  and transmit it to a third party using bluetooth?
is there any  library that can help with that?

thanks!

South England
View Profile

I very much doubt it, given the limited resources of the chip.

View Profile

can you please elaborate?

any other arduino board that can do it?

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

can you please elaborate?
There is not a hope in hell of doing this.
The processor is not fast enough and you do not have enough memory and bluetooth is not fast enough either. Apart from that it is a great idea.

any other arduino board that can do it?
The only other candidate is the Due but this is cutting edge and I suspect it is beyond you to invent your own system.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

Will it be possible to receive a video signal through the USB  and transmit it to a third party using bluetooth?
is there any  library that can help with that?

Bluetooth adapters with USB interfaces exist. Have you looked into the possibility of using an existing commercial  product for whatever it is you're trying to do?

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yes, I remember
View Profile

If you are trying to do this hobbyist style your best option is likely the Raspberry Pi (Not an Arduino).  Its a full microcomputer that can run Linux.  It has USB ports that could host a USB camera (provided you can find drivers) and it has ways to send video out.  As mentioned you won't get video over Bluetooth, but you could send it over WiFi.  There are other options, but this is by far the one with the best community support.

If you just want wireless video you might look into FPV gear sold by HobbyKing or similar sites.  They have a lot of reasonably priced 2.4 and 5.4 GHz transmitters and receivers that let you send and receive video in real time.  I didn't see any that supported USB cameras, but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: