Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino recording .wav files ?  (Read 834 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello everyone,
I am bit stuck, how can I make my arduino record into .wav files?
The arduino is connected with a microphone,amplifier(reaching 0-5V) and im using the ADC of Arduino.
Any ideas? Will I be able to play them back using my pc?

Thank you in advance,

Napster

View Profile

I would like to avoid using any shields!

View Profile

Well, my library will do it https://github.com/TMRh20/TMRpcm/wiki/Advanced-Features#recording-audio and yup you can play them from a PC also. You can also easily generate your own wav files using wav templates.

I am also nearing completion on a live audio recording/streaming library using wireless/radio RF24 modules. No ETA, but soon.

View Profile

github.com/TMRh20/TMRpcm/wiki/Advanced-Features#recording-audio is useful , thanks for sharing this links smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

and im using the ADC of Arduino
That only yields 10-bit digital.
.wav like you hear from a CD is 16 bit digital.
So the sound quality might not be what you are used to.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Lacey, Washington, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Cassette tapes recorded professionally aren't much better. Someone's mix tape is probably never better than a good 8 bit recording. So you have to consider what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to record an orchestra, you'll want a lot better than the Arduino's ADC can give you. If it is just a voice, it should be good. Just make sure you have a low-pass filter with cutoff of about 1/3 the capture frequency. Nyquist, blah blah... That says that you should have -no- spectral content 1/2 of the capture frequency or higher. And a low-pass filter is not a brick wall, it has a slope. So the corner frequency of the filter must be quite a bit lower than 1/2 the capture frequency.

Steve Greenfield AE7HD
CET Consumer Electronics and Computer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: