Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Advice sought on producing audio for robot  (Read 635 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I wish to produce a robot head which can "speak" a wide range of phrases (Up to 200 say) depending upon external stimuli'.I have a quadravox board which Is just too complicated and have therefore been looking at the specs for the mp3 shields (like sparkfun) and/or the wave shield which plays wav files. I simply cannot find any info on how many tracks they can store and whether or not  individual tracks can be addressed. Most examples just show up to about 6 tracks selectable by pressing buttons. I want to address up to about 200 tracks dependent upon external stimuili combined with a random element. Anyone out there have any comments please ?

View Profile

Hi,

I think most players that use an SD card for storage are limitted mainly by the count of files that can reside in root directory. I think for FAT16 it was about 512 entries. Most wav players (including my SimpleSDAudio library  smiley-grin ) only work with 8.3-filename format, but this allows really getting those 500 entries on the card. If you need more, you have to take or patch a library to operate even with subfolders on card or use FAT32 formated cards. Then the limit is only the space available on the card.

View Profile

Thanks for that. I've ordered an el cheapo SD card based mp3 on ebay and will advise on how (or if !) it works.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: