Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 0-10 V analog output / use of buffer  (Read 263 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hell0,

I need general guidance for this problem.
I am interfacing with a laser controller and need to provide a 0 to 10V voltage to control the laser power.
I am thinking about using fast pwm, filtered by a low pass filter, along with a 2x non inverting op amp configuration to get 0 to 10v.
I can live with 255 step resolution for this application.
My question is on using a transceiver/buffer to interface with the device, to isolate both circuits.
Can anybody help me with the selection of the buffer ?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:56:21 am by maminej » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

You need an analog level to the laser, not a PWM signal?
Use a single transistor, lowpass filter its output.

* HiLevelDC out.jpg (20.77 KB, 960x720 - viewed 24 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

My question is on using a transceiver/buffer to interface with the device, to isolate both circuits.
A transceiver/buffer is a digital thing and it does not provide isolation. If you want isolation then put the PWM signal through an opto isolator before sending it to the transistor and filter.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Isolation is not really needed tho - just separation of the positives of the power supplies.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: