Go Down

Topic: Updated wire library in IDE 1.6.6/1.6.7? (Read 355 times) previous topic - next topic

tonton81

I see the wire library has been updated and i've been looking all around for the changes done to see whether the blocking/freezing still persists or if it's been fixed. this is because after updating my IDE from 1.6.5 or below using my modified twi.x files with timeouts dont seem to be compatible with the new wire library included in the IDE 1.6.6/1.6.7 giving off compiling errors. anyone have any ideas on whats been updated or do we still need to inject timeouts in the newer library?
thank you
Tony

tonton81

Nope, just blocked after a few hours, hopefully the whole wire library can be rolled back and work with 1.6.7…

Koepel

You have a bad I2C bus, you should fix that.

Suppose someone designs a board with a processor and with memory half a meter away. Then the processor might go nuts because the address and data signals are terrible. It is the same for the I2C bus. It is a bus to be used on a board, and it can't go through a cable.

Here is the wire library. The "utility" is the twi files. Github keeps track of the changes.
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/tree/master/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire

The Wire library is still blocking, that is a big shame for an embedded system.
When something is wrong outside the microcontroller, the software inside it should never stop.

tonton81

May be the bus… or not, i know i am not alone, i learn arduino through research and reading forums and this is a common issue with wire, i was just curious on the update… anyways i have had about 3 freezes since yesturday guess ill roll back the old library, wasnt having any issues or random crash/or false triggers with modified twi, and besides, using the adafruit pwm i2c controller wire is a no choice option :)

Koepel

I keep waiting until the official library is no longer blocking... and waiting... and waiting.

rtsandiego

I'm using the Due and have had horrible problems with connecting to I2C devices.  Not as much with the Uno, but my sensors are 3.3V.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the wire library for the Due?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy