Go Down

Topic: Interactive light sculpture (Read 24057 times) previous topic - next topic

Aphra

Hi there,

I am building an interactive light sculpture and am in need of some help on the final stages of my work. I have 4 sfr02 ultrasonic range finders, they are hooked up to my arduino uno and are sending data back to my serial monitor with this code:

Code: [Select]
#include "Wire.h"
#include "SRF02.h"

SRF02 srf02[4] = {
  SRF02(0x70, SRF02_CENTIMETERS),
  SRF02(0x71, SRF02_CENTIMETERS),
  SRF02(0x72, SRF02_CENTIMETERS),
  SRF02(0x73, SRF02_CENTIMETERS)
};

unsigned long nextPrint = 0;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Wire.begin();
}

void loop()
{
  SRF02::update();
  if (millis() > nextPrint)
  {
    Serial.print(srf02[0].read());
      Serial.print(",");
      Serial.print(srf02[1].read());
      Serial.print(",");
      Serial.print(srf02[2].read());
      Serial.print(",");
      Serial.print(srf02[3].read());
      Serial.println();
      nextPrint = millis () + 1000;
  }
}

That is working brilliantly! I also have two 5m strips of leds connected to ports 5 and 6, without taking readings from the sensors I can program these lights to fade in and out etc... so I know they are wired up correctly.

I am stuck with how to get my sensors to talk to my leds. I need help with the code and I don't know where to begin! This is what I want to happen:

When sensors 70, 71, 72 & 73 take readings 0-50 fade in LED strip on port 5, 0 being the lowest, 50 being the brghtest.

When sensors 70, 71, 72 & 73 take readings 50-100, keep strip 5 on its brightest and fade in strip on port 6, 50 beng the lowest, 100 being the brightest.'

If anyone can help me with either of these queries, I would be much obliged.

Many thanks in advance,

Aphra

johnwasser

Didn't you like the answer I gave when you posted this same question in http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,140530.0.html ?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy