Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How can ı find dynamic target's location on x-y axis ? I have to find coordinate  (Read 344 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi . I start to my write whit thanks for reading . I have got a problem . I have find dynamic targes's location whit ultrasonic sensors . ı can use lots of ultrasonic sensors whit combination but how can ı find target location ? For example target is x=13 cm y=15 cm . I need X-Y axis and ıf posibble can be Z axis to .I want to see knowledge on pc like a radar . I searched some where but couldnt find enough knowledge . I hope  gives idea to me .Thanks

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

Not sure how you would use ultrasonic sensors to determine an exact position, but if the target is the closest thing to you then you could get an approximate position by sweeping a sensor past it and finding the range of bearings at which the object could be detected. The mid point of that range of angles would give you the approximate heading. The ping response time would give you range.

That would give you enough information to know the position of the target relative to the ping sensors, and you could represent that it polar or cartesian coordinates. If you also knew the position and orientation of the ping sensors, then you could convert that to an absolute position.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Interesting challenge  smiley How far from you is the target at its most distant, how large is it, and will it be stationary?

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Search this "sonic ranger radar arduino" with google image. Look for greenish images.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: