Go Down

Topic: Arduino DUE: problem uploading sketch to the board (Read 362 times) previous topic - next topic

tomph

Hello,
 I am having troubles uploading a sketch on my Arduino DUE board; in fact it can't actually upload any sketch, no matter what is written on it, so it obviously not a sketch problem.
Some time ago I succesfully interfaced Arduino and Processing, just to graph data Arduino sent to serial port.

Now whenever I try to upload a sketch on my board (both with processing open AND closed) the following error appears.
I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance

Code: [Select]
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:98)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1713)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1624)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1596)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2392)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port '/dev/ttyACM0'.
at processing.app.Serial.touchPort(Serial.java:110)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:87)
... 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/ttyACM0; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Permission denied.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:170)
at processing.app.Serial.touchPort(Serial.java:105)
... 6 more

spicetraders

Hello, I just would like to make sure I understand, that you have loaded a sketch to the DUE in the past and now can no longer load.  Or is it you have never been able to load a Sketch?

tomph

I have been succesfully using Arduino for the past 9 months, just after using processing it started to have these troubles.

Loonhaunt

Hey did you ever get this figured out? 

I am using a Due for the first time and am not able to upload and get the same error message as you do.  I can remove the Due from the USB port connect an Uno and it uploads via the same port no problem???

Dave

Go Up