Go Down

Topic: Arduino DUE: problem uploading sketch to the board (Read 264 times) previous topic - next topic

tomph

Hello,
 I am having troubles uploading a sketch on my Arduino DUE board; in fact it can't actually upload any sketch, no matter what is written on it, so it obviously not a sketch problem.
Some time ago I succesfully interfaced Arduino and Processing, just to graph data Arduino sent to serial port.

Now whenever I try to upload a sketch on my board (both with processing open AND closed) the following error appears.
I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance

Code: [Select]
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:98)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1713)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1624)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1596)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2392)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port '/dev/ttyACM0'.
at processing.app.Serial.touchPort(Serial.java:110)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:87)
... 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/ttyACM0; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Permission denied.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:170)
at processing.app.Serial.touchPort(Serial.java:105)
... 6 more

spicetraders

Hello, I just would like to make sure I understand, that you have loaded a sketch to the DUE in the past and now can no longer load.  Or is it you have never been able to load a Sketch?

tomph

I have been succesfully using Arduino for the past 9 months, just after using processing it started to have these troubles.

Loonhaunt

Hey did you ever get this figured out? 

I am using a Due for the first time and am not able to upload and get the same error message as you do.  I can remove the Due from the USB port connect an Uno and it uploads via the same port no problem???

Dave

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy