Go Down

Topic: MODBUS setup tutorial (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

KRAK1369

I wanted to share with the many users a quick tutorial I created to setup a MODBUS connection between an Arduino and a C-more HMI.

http://krakllc.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/arduino-modbus-connection-to-a-c-more-hmi/

I hope it can be put to good use as a starting point for some of your projects.

lemming

Thanks KRAK for the tutorial.

You make mention "...an economical alternative to using a PLC when the data collection is not critical."

Does this mean that you found the library glitchy?

KRAK1369

The MODBUS library is not glitchy. I have had very good luck with a stable and reliable connection and communications with this setup.

However, as an industrial controls professional, I would not consider an Arduino to be good a replacement for the PLC in areas where safety or time sensitive control is required. An Arduino does make a great addition to PLCs to collect data from sensors that are not critical to the operation of the system. Or in the case of the project where I required the Arduino to work with a HMI, the operation of the machine was intrinsically safe with built in safe guards. Using a PLC on that project would have been over kill. I was glad to be able to leverage the power and price of the Arduino for the project. :smiley-mr-green:     

VisBee

Hi All,

if you setup a MODBUS you can try our HMI-Software VisBee.

Actually  we are working on the driver to communicate between ARDUINO and our visualization Software VisBee.
MODBUS (and others) is already running.
It's a fully loaded Visualization system for HMI and SCADA.

You can download the Software without any restrictions at www.visbee.de (english version)

The is a extra version for ARDUINO - Fans ;-)  (VisBee-light)

The ARDUINO-driver will be available during march/april 2013.

If you have further questions let me know.....

BR,
Chris
VisBee visualization by christ-elektronik

- http://www.visbee.de -
- sales@visbee.de

- +49 8331 / 83 71-135

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy