Go Down

Topic: Font Color in IDE 1.0.3 on OS X (Read 851 times) previous topic - next topic

rwhart

I have looked all over the web and have been unable to find out how to change the font color in the ide from a difficult to read gray to black on OS X.  I have tried editing the ~/Library/Arduino/preferences.txt file to no avail.  It seems to be overwritten whenever the IDE is restarted.

Any help and suggestions for this Arduino newbie would be most appreciated.

TIA

Osgeld

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

rwhart

My installation on OS X contains in ~/username/Library/Arduino only one file 'preferences.txt' which, as I noted, is overwritted with each startup. 

The system Library   /Library/Application/Support contains no Arduino folder.
   /Library/Preferences contains no Arduino folder
   ~/Library/PreferencePanes contains no Arduino folder
   ~/Library/Preferences does contain a cc.arduino.Arduino.plist file

From the command line there is no /lib folder.  Nor is there a lib folder in /sbin or /bin.

So I guess my lack of familiarity with the underlying OS is my problem.  And still only a very hard to read light gray text on a bright white background in the IDE.

Thanks for you response however.

rwhart

Found the answer.

in /Applications right click on Arduino.app and select show package contents and voila!  There is what I needed. 

Go Up