Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Baud rate question on bluetooth , gps , arduino uno  (Read 762 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello Ladies and Gentlmen

i just managed sending data from Em406a GPS chip via bluetooth rn42 (using arduino uno), i struggled alot in debugging the program and sending the right data till i succeeded. The problem layed in the baud rate, till the solution came when i set them under the following
Serial.begin was set up on 4800
bluetooth.beging was set up on 115200
gps.begin was set up on 4800

my question is : its odd for me that the bluetooth couldnt send data on 9600 or 4800 till i raised the speed to 115200 to send 4800 gps data ?! I set it on a higher speed to send a lower speed data , any one can explain that for me ? because it makes no sense so far.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

its odd for me that the bluetooth couldnt send data on 9600 or 4800
But it could. The receiver couldn't understand it, until you set the baud rate to match the receiver's rate. The same hold true for the Serial and GPS rates. They need to match the speed of the device that they are talking to.

because it makes no sense so far.
I don't understand why not.

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

Bluetooth modules and possibly GPS modules have internal baud rates that can be changed via "AT" commands. You need to look up what your BT modules AT commands are and how to change them. I used Putty to change mine, but I think any serial communication (bluetooth compatible) software can do it.

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: