Go Down

Topic: Large Led Digital LED timer display program required for project.... (Read 527 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi guys,
I am new to the forum, so Hi to everyone out there -  I need some programming done on a project that I cannot find a commercial solution to, so hope you guys can help....

I was after a specific item and visited my local Jaycar store to find a solution and ended up walking out with an Arduino ethernet shield board and a Led Digital display, only to find the complexity of the programming is not something I want to tackle, and hoping someone here wants to assist on the development of a solution.

I am working on the other issues related to my project and simply do not have the time or interest in electronics or PC's to try and develop another whole field of knowledge, so this is what I am after....BTW - I am prepared to pay someone to do this and don't expect it for nothing...

I am busy modifying a trailer to mount a motorcycle on, and want to use it for our motorcycle club to help the guys practice Wheelies(or Mono's) on, so the do not get hurt and can get the feeling of tilt without breaking bones or tering their limbs off, so this is what I need from Arduino..

I want a remote cut out for the bike as an emergency stop that overides the ignition as a safety.. a "simple Digital Output" I hear??.. this must activate a cheap 12v car relay and I will deal with the details of the bike wiring cut out, so 1 cut out switch...

I want a start switch activated when the front wheeel lifts off the trailer - once again, the details of the switch, I will overcome, so one "simple digital input".. this switch must start a count up timer in real seconds, which should scroll into minutes, with a colon divider, so 12:46 for example, to be displayed on a large LED type sign to be mounted on the front of the trailer - now, this switch needs to stop the count and store the time when the bikes front wheel drops down again, giving a readout of the total time the guy had the bike up... I would love this to flash,say 5 times, and the LED display needs to store the longest time of the day and display this above as the "High score", then reset the normal counter to 00:00, ready for the next guy to give it a bash...

I would like to use a potentiometer to measure the angle (displayed in degrees) the bike is up at and have an anolgue input to the card and a digital indication out from this, possibly on the same LED screen, or a laptop screen, or additional LED tv or something - maybe all this can be displayed on a big screed TV and the LED can be done away with.. - get the idea?

Additionally, I would like to detect the speed of the rollers the bike is mounted on, and count pulses of rotation and be able to convert this to speed?

Is this possible with Arduino and can someone in here assist with the programming and any suggestions on this project please?

Thanks guys, look forward to your responses..

Cheers

Davo

As I said, I am not great on the programming stuff and would rather pay someone to develop this, so any help would be appreciated...

PaulS

I was after a specific item and visited my local Jaycar store to find a solution and ended up walking out with an Arduino ethernet shield board and a Led Digital display, only to find the complexity of the programming is not something I want to tackle, and hoping someone here wants to assist on the development of a solution.

Not here. Over in Gigs and Collaboration. Do you want a moderator to move this?

Go Up