Go Down

Topic: need help about arduino uno+ethernet module+tp link wireless router (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

eng_house

hey guys um a beginner and i need help with controlling arduino through wifi,i have old wireless router ( TL-WA501G) and i want to use it to control 4 output digital pins, i already know that i need ethernet module(ENC28J60) and ethernet library and my notebook has wifi network. so all i know is i need to change mode of ap to client mode and i already changed it but what next ?? i appreciate ur help

Arrch

So you've changed the mode on the router, the next step would be to test it with a computer, to verify that it works as a client. Once that's done, start getting the parts and working through some of the examples. There are PLENTY of examples that involve controlling digital pins with over an ethernet connection. I would however, getting a Wiznet W5100 based ethernet shield for beginners. You're also going to need an Arduino to plug the Ethernet Shield into and actually load and run the sketch.

eng_house

well my laptop reads it but how to use my laptop wi fi to control arduino?? do i need application to control it ??? iam stuck in the middle :(

Arrch

Google "arduino control led over internet" and I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples

zoomkat

If you are a beginner, you need to get the w5100 based ethernet shield. Below is some simple tinkering to make a routerbot that might be useful.

http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6343
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

Go Up