Go Down

Topic: Name of/source for generic/universal crimp pins & connector housings (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic


I have a ratcheting crimper that is supposedly decent for making servo-type connectors.  I'm wondering if anyone could tell me the actual name of the crimp pins and housings to make servo-type connections.  Ideally I'd like to be able to just purchase a lot from ebay or something if available.

When researching online I found many different names, but they were usually for a particular manufacturer's connector (which sometimes seem to be keyed certain ways.)  I'm not trying to match a certain manufacturer, just make connectors that can connect to the headers I place on my boards (and keep the wire mess down.)

Is there a generic name for the crimp pins & housings for this type of thing?  I know I found a bunch of "DuPont" labeled things on ebay but I wasn't sure if that's right.



What size pins and what spacing? DipMicro has some connectors and shells for sale that might be what you need.

--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard


I like the crimp terminals & 0.1" housings that pololu.com carries.
housings, many options
crimp terminated wires - male-male, female-female, male-femalte
male or female pins for making your own wires
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.


Arduino Libraries https://github.com/MajicDesigns?tab=Repositories
Parola for Arduino https://github.com/MajicDesigns/Parola
Arduino++ blog https://arduinoplusplus.wordpress.com


Dupont style connectors are compatible with those on the Arduino boards if that's of any help?
Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

Go Up