Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Attach 6 pin differential encoder to arduino  (Read 830 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I just bought two 6 pins differential encoders from US digital for my two motors robot. It is different with the usual encoder, since it has two additional A and B channels called A- and B- channel. I need help on how to attach those two additional channels in the arduino hardware interrupt. Thanks for the info

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

the same as A and B, with a bit of wire

you might not even need them, none the less this is a software problem

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

You need a differential reciever chip. It take the differential signal from the encoder and converts it to TTL for the Arduino.

It can also be done with an opamp, just requires more work.

Any particular reason why you got he differential output encoder instead of the TTL outputs?

You may be able use just the A & B signals, depends on what voltage levels they are for 1 and 0.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I just bought two 6 pins differential encoders from US digital for my two motors robot. It is different with the usual encoder, since it has two additional A and B channels called A- and B- channel. I need help on how to attach those two additional channels in the arduino hardware interrupt. Thanks for the info
Assuming it's a 5 volt powered encoder you can just use the A+ and B+ signal wires (plus ground and power of course) just like a single ended TTL output encoder. If the encoder is of a higher voltage type then you will need voltage divider resistors to keep the high state at +5vdc.

Lefty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: