Eagle v6.x CAM File for OSH Park's Fab Service

I thought I would share a CAM file I made specifically for OSH Park's PCB Fab service. If anyone has used OSH Park's service, you know that his file names are, well, kinda awkward. This CAM file produces the correct file names so you won't have to copy and paste every time you upload to the site. Just select all of the .ger files and the .xln file and zip them up and upload.

I have sent this to Laen, so hopefully he will post it on the site for everyone to use.

OSHPark_CAM_Eagle6.x.cam (7.64 KB)

Something is wrong with the attachment.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

All of the attachments on the site are doing the same thing.

Out of curiosity why is CAM file needed? I just submit native Eagle's BRD file and it works great... Am I missing something?

CAM file makes the gerber files needed for different PCB fab companies. Uploading just a .brd file to OSH Park is not on his instructions for uploading.

codlink:
CAM file makes the gerber files needed for different PCB fab companies. Uploading just a .brd file to OSH Park is not on his instructions for uploading.

True for other fab companies, but OSH Park do accept regular Eagle board files :slight_smile: They already processed 3 of my orders. I agree it's a little cryptic in their instructions:

We are currently processing uploaded files with Eagle CAD version 6.2.1 and has been tested with Eagle CAD files through 6.3. If you are using a newer version than 6.3 then please contact us, or generate your own gerber files.

That statement doesn't say you can upload just the brd files... Think you found am easier route though. I wonder why he doesn't specify that in more detail.

I think I got that info from DorkBotPDX site: PCB Order

How to submit your order
First, try uploading the board at OSH Park as either an Eagle .brd or a set of Gerbers.

I actually chose them because I didn't know how to make Gerber files and was very new to PCB design at the time.

Next time I need one made, I will try just the brd file. That would save me a step, but not a long one though.

If you only send gerbers and not the source files (.sch, .brd) you protect your design a little as well.

True, but my boards are one-off that no one would know what the hell the purpose of it was.

CrossRoads:
If you only send gerbers and not the source files (.sch, .brd) you protect your design a little as well.

What do you mean? For .sch sure, but isn't .brd have same info as final Gerber files? They only ask for .brd file.
I'm new to EE so it might be a stupid question :slight_smile:
BTW, out of curiosity I tried loading just .brd file into Eagle, and it doesn't look like it can create schematic out of it

"it doesn't look like it can create schematic out of it"

Yes, so the files with the most info given being the Referecene Designation for the parts will be a little tough to reverse engineer.