Go Down

Topic: Arduino StandAlone problem (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

luxy

I burned basic led blink program on Arduino Uno (tutorial 1, blink led on port 13 every second). I removed ATmega328 from Arduino Uno and put them on breadboard. I connected 16MHz crystal, two 22pF capacitors and 10k resistor between reset and +5 as described on Arduno page. I added led diode with 100 ohm resistor on pin 19 (pin13 in Arduino). I turned the circuit on but the led wasn't blinking. I double checked all the connections but without luck. I also tried to put ATmega328 back to Arduino Uno and onboard led on pin 13 was blinking as it should.

What could be wrong?

LarryD

Draw a diagram of the actual circuit as you see it on the board, or send us a good picture of the setup.
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

CrossRoads

You have +5 on VCC and AVCC? You have 0.1uF caps on both pins?

Also, do you have the LED the installed correct way? Cathode (flatted part of the body, shorter leg) to Gnd (or to resistor to Gnd)?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

luxy

Everything is wired the same as on this picture, i just removed 3 yellow wires and green wire (13, 12, 11 and 10) and put LED (yes, it is connected correctly) with resistor on port 19 (arduino 13).

LarryD

Not that we don't trust you, would you take a picture of your setup.
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

luxy

Jan 07, 2013, 08:40 pm Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 08:42 pm by luxy Reason: 1
Of course!

Up and down side of GND on breadboard is also connected, it is on the right corner (you can't see it).

LarryD

On some long SK boards there is no connection 1/2 way between the power rails.  Move the power wires closer to the I.C.

LarryD

Also, connect the 2 blue power rails with a wire.

be80be

Pull those caps off just to see if there loading the crystal I have seen to much bread board capacitance load the crystal.  

be80be

On some long SK boards there is no connection 1/2 way between the power rails.  Move the power wires closer to the I.C.

That could be it he is half way down the rail

luxy

I removed both capacitors and it works!

I don't understand it. What that's mena? If i am planning to make PCB with ATmega328 stand alone, should i use those caps around crystal or not?

LarryD

Yes, what is written on the caps?

Runaway Pancake

"221" = 220pF
(22pF is 22, plain)
"Hello, I must be going..."
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

luxy

It looks like the seller gave me wrong caps. I asked him for 22pF so i didn't check it. But how's that the circuit works without those caps in?

Go Up