Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mac OS 10.5.8 - Don´t know how to use Troubleshooting info  (Read 76 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Don´t know how to use Troubleshooting info when trying to open Arduino software on MacBook with OS 10.5.8. I understand that there have been quite a few earlier with the same problem, and I read Trobleshooting info before posting here. The problem though, is that I don´t understand the Troubleshooting info. I can´t find any box with "Open in 32 bit" anywhere. What am I missing?

FROM TROBLESHOOTING INFO:

"Why doesn't the Arduino software run after I updated the Java on my Mac?

The latest Java update from Apple attempts to use 64-bit version of native libraries, but the Arduino application comes with a 32 bit version of the RXTX library. If you launch Arduino, you'll get an error like:

Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/arduino-0016/Arduino 16.app/Contents/Resources/Java/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Applications/arduino-0016/Arduino 16.app/Contents/Resources/Java/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

To fix this, click on the Arduino application (e.g. Arduino 16.app) in the Finder, and select Get Info from the File menu. In the info panel, click the Open in 32 Bit Mode checkbox. You should then be able to launch Arduino normally."

Portugal
Edison Member
Pretending you know everything then you will learn nothing.
View Profile

/Applications/arduino-0016
It appears you are using an older version.Get the latest version here  http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#toc2

Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

View Profile

I did use that site for downloading. The text you refer to is inte the Troubleshooting post in this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: