Go Down

Topic: NewBee... USB question (Read 900 times) previous topic - next topic

James C4S

Correct if I can intercept the data from the computer then have it go to two places 1) USB Printer 2) Generic Com Port Printer.  Is this possible?

I already answered your question:
"Maybe after several months of reverse engineering work, you could write a microprocessor to emulate the printer you have in mind."

Months might be optimistic depending on your experience with the USB protocol and the internals of the EPSON firmware.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

arduinohabib

Why don't you write a program for the arduino to send data to com port, then write an application for the computer to print the data with the printer?
What is man's best friend? The breadboard!

Henry_Best

Correct if I can intercept the data from the computer then have it go to two places 1) USB Printer 2) Generic Com Port Printer.  Is this possible?

This would be perfect.

Why not just print twice, once to the USB/Epson and once to the Generic Com Port Printer?
If you're using Microsoft Office then you could write a VBA program to automate it.
It would be far easier than what you're proposing to do.

thefoxfoy

good info,Months might be optimistic depending on your experience with the USB protocol and the internals of the EPSON firmware.

Go Up