Go Down

Topic: Reccomend me a pcb package (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Figured out what I did - just drew rectangles; they do not get named.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

vasquo

Why don't you just edit the library, clone the part, but make the smd pads bigger on the new clone.

Another technique, if there's nothing behind, you can put another heatsink pad in the bottom copper layer, and use several vias to connect/bridge the upper and bottom pads. 

Also order your boards as 2oz copper.

fungus

Kicad is mentioned regularly.
Or that toy, fritzing. Have never seen a good schematic posted from that.

That might be the users...not the program.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

jtw11

Why don't you just edit the library, clone the part, but make the smd pads bigger on the new clone.

Another technique, if there's nothing behind, you can put another heatsink pad in the bottom copper layer, and use several vias to connect/bridge the upper and bottom pads. 

Also order your boards as 2oz copper.

Yep - I've decided to do this, I've just cloned the packed with the suffix "HOT".

I'm making the boards myself by UV etching, so I'll have a play soon with 1 vs 2oz etches. Cheers :)

CrossRoads

If doing your own etching, give yourself lots of ground plane - then you're not using up lots of time/etchant eating away big copper areas.  Especially for 2 oz copper vs 1 oz.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up