Go Down

Topic: uuuggghhhh ebay and common RGB leds (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cjdelphi

I bought common cathode they delivered common anode!

twice!

starting to wonder if common cathode exists and people simply sell them as what they want...

that or different sellers don't understand...

eg  common anode means 1 pin to + 5v the rest to negative.

i want common cathode.. 1 pin to gnd, the rest go to positive!

I can't get common cathode (they say cathode on the packet! but very much anode)

liudr

I have bought common cathode rgb leds from ebay. Thing is, the TLC5940 PWM drive I bought is only able to sink so I should have bought common anode instead. Maybe you can change your hardware to use these common anode leds.

cjdelphi

all the hardware is setup for common anode...

I just wanted some common cathode led's to play with...  :(  20 more arrived today on the packet it says common cathode, most not so... i'll try 1 more time off of ebay, i got 40 RGB LED's Anode... they should all be CATHODE!!!!

1 more attempt for me....

Osgeld

I just dont buy components from ebay, last time I did they were right, but looked like they have been sitting on the shelf for a decade, cause most of that stuff has been

retrolefty

Jan 10, 2013, 05:25 am Last Edit: Jan 10, 2013, 06:43 am by retrolefty Reason: 1

I just dont buy components from ebay, last time I did they were right, but looked like they have been sitting on the shelf for a decade, cause most of that stuff has been

Such a rigid rule to want to follow! I love some of my e-bay impulse buys of electronic parts and stuff. This latest purchase has been really cool to play around with. Use it as a adjustable voltage regulator and have it read input or output voltage and current draw, or adjust it to be a constant current driver. Lots of fun and uses for $11.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170929163665?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Lefty

Go Up