Go Down

Topic: Measuring change in magnetic flux via Arduino and MAG3110 sensor (Read 898 times) previous topic - next topic

First off I would like to assure you I am a newbie to the Arduino programming and electrical interface world. My engineering beckground is mainly in structural/ drive train/ and mechanical components of robots.

With this said I am attempting to create a way to measure change in magnetic flux as well as orientation in the x,y,z using these components:
Arduino Uno Rev 3
Freescale Magnetometer MAG3110 breakout board
MicroSD Shield
logic level converter
and a mini breakout board

Currently I am running the Arduino off a 9v battery, and am debating if the logic level converter is even necessary. the Arduino Rev 3 has the capability to put out 3.3v and has a two digital I/Os reading SDA & SCL, printed on the card, and in the schematic. Would this run the MAG3110? anyone try anything like this .

Also does anyone have some pointers for programming the MAG3110, at least setting it up to begin reading.

Let me know what you think, If I need any other components or if there is a better way to do this.

jabbado

For measuring orientation won't you need an accelerometer as well?

dfroerer

I am also Interested in using this sensors or HMC5883L wondering which is better.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy