Go Down

Topic: Bootloader for Nano (Read 821 times) previous topic - next topic

perjarle

Hello all
I got an Nano 3.0 clone, but it is not having a bootloader installed.

When I look into the hardware/bootloaders folder, I see there are many different to choose from.

If someone could tell me which hex file to install, I think I can manage to install it myself.

Best regards
Per-Jarle

Runaway Pancake

Duemilanove 16MHz [assuming IDE Arduino-0022]
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
Hey, it's "bipolar transistor" or "junction transistor" - "BJT" is just stupid.

magagna

RP is correct, the default Nano bootloader is the one from the Duemilanove.

I reflashed my Nano with OptiBoot (the bootloader used on the Uno) and have had no problems. I've now got OptiBoot running on all my boards & standalone chips; now I can leave the board at "Uno" and not have to switch every time I move between projects.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/magagna <-- My last name.  Pretty apt.

CrossRoads

I do the same - all my '328P projects are bootloaded as Unos.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

joe mcd

I understand how to put Optiboot on a 328 chip.  I use the Uno board as explained on the site.
How do you burn a new bootloader to a chip on a surface mount board such as Nano?

magagna

How do you burn a new bootloader to a chip on a surface mount board such as Nano?

The exact same way. D10 on the Arduino running the bootloader upload script to the reset pin on the Nano, D11 - 13 from the uploader to pins D11 - 13 on the Nano, ground to ground, and 5v to 5v.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/magagna <-- My last name.  Pretty apt.

Runaway Pancake

I use the ICSP via USBtinyISP.
(I've seen available a "Nano" that shipped/s without the ICSP header - unpopulated pads.)
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
Hey, it's "bipolar transistor" or "junction transistor" - "BJT" is just stupid.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy