Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to configure something by sending commands from a serial port?  (Read 85 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to do my first voice recognition project, so I picked up 2 different microphones as well as BitVoicer.

I was trying to get geetech's voice module up and running : http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/images/6/69/Voice_Recognize_manual.pdf

The wiki talks about using a serial port to program the board and gives hex keys for doing so. I have no idea where to begin, or what type of coms port to use to communicate in this fashion? Also, what type of program should I use to send the commands? Something like hyperterminal?

Any help shedding some light on this is appreciated smiley

Edison Member
View Profile

Did you already program the 15 voice instructions per the manual?

you then need a sketch that will read the transmissions from the module via serial. 

View Profile

That's what I'm trying to do right now.  Apparently, I need the USB-TTL board to communicate via the usb port with the voice module board? I'm not really sure?  I think the USB-TTL board is the red board below, which I'm not sure it came with...

View Profile

Just checked my amazon order.  Of course it didn't come with the USB to RS232 TTL board  smiley-confuse

Is the USB-TTL board required to program the voice board, or is there another way I can communicate with the voice board? I tried using the serial monitor from arduino, but it didn't work...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:04:56 am by jdlev » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: