Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Wifi Shield together with LCD Display Shield  (Read 1068 times)
Salzburg, Austria
No clue at all, just tinkering around...
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all,

got into Arduino tinkering just two weeks ago (first simple robot project is here: ) and I love it!

Next project would be a kind of "ticker" which displays a bit of text I get from a website on an LCD Display. I have already used the Wifi Shield to get the data from the Website and can display text with the LCD Keypad Shield - but only one shield at a time.

Any information or tutorial how to make both shields work in combination? Or how I can add an LCD Display (without shield) by my own? I googled a lot but could not find any tutorial or a Youtube demo on the successful combination of Wifi and LCD.

Thanks!

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

I would go with an I2C LCD, it uses only two pins, A4 and A5. There is a LCD I2C library in the playground section, here is the link.http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/LCDi2c

I know that the Radio Shack where I live sells I2C lcd displays, and Ebay has tons, but the shipping time is terrible.

Added: If you get it from Ebay, they usually give you a compatible library.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:02:40 am by HazardsMind » Logged

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Salzburg, Austria
No clue at all, just tinkering around...
View Profile

OK, thanks for the hint!
I just found a serial 7 segment display I ordered from Sparkfun but never used. This one works perfect as long as I only want to show 4 digits smiley 

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

For connecting parallel LCD interfaces to arduino, you can use adafruit tutorial: http://learn.adafruit.com/character-lcds

Just FYI, I sell serial LCDs. You just do Serial.print to it and need no additional library. Google phi-panel LCD backpack and click the inmojo.com store link.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: