Go Down

Topic: Web Controlled Arduino (Read 335 times) previous topic - next topic

NiMCK

Hello,

I am trying to control an arduino board over the internet (well initially local network, I can expand it the internet myself)

I have an uno and an Ethernet shield. There is lots of information on controlling it by making the Ethernet shield a web server and accessing it as html.

The way I want to control it is to have a set of variables that is accessible over the web, suggestions on how to go about this would be grateful. I was thinking just have them in a web page or a database of some sort.

Anyway, basically I want the arduino to be able to check a set of variables on the web and use those variables as inputs, for example (variable led_1 = 0) so the arduino fetches the value of 0 from the web and sets the local variable of led_1 to 0.

A bit long winded but any info on how I can approach this would be much appreciated, thanks.

zoomkat

Anyway, basically I want the arduino to be able to check a set of variables on the web and use those variables as inputs, for example (variable led_1 = 0) so the arduino fetches the value of 0 from the web and sets the local variable of led_1 to 0.

If your project is to be "web (http)" based, then you would probably use arduino web client code.
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

Go Up