Go Down

Topic: USB serial Port not found (Read 2304 times) previous topic - next topic

Shabby

About an hour I was able to upload onto my arduino Uno but now the USB serial Port won't come up for me to be able to select it and I can't upload anything.

I'm using a Mac, an Arduino Uno.  I've tried some of the suggestions that I found on the web but nothing seems to make a difference.

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

rweber95

If you have the Serial Monitor ON (Displayed), close it, then disconnet the UNO from USB, reconnect the UNO and check if COM port is now available.

Bob

Shabby

I didn't have Serial Monitor open.

I'm trying with another arduino duemilenove now and the port is coming up but I keep getting this msg:

"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding"

I've used arduino for a couple of years now and I've never had any of these problems...I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.

Your driver probably isn't installed properly. This is how I solved the problem.

Go to your Control panel > hardware and sounds > device manager > Ports

- then you should see "Unknown device". Double click on it
- Click on the "Driver" tab
- Click on "update Driver"
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
- click "browse" and select the "drivers" subfolder in your Arduino folder.
- Click "next" and hopefully, your computer will install the driver for you successfully
Goodluck  :)

Do you have 1.0.3 or the beta arduino IDE?

James C4S

Your driver probably isn't installed properly. This is how I solved the problem.

Go to your Control panel > hardware and sounds > device manager > Ports

Okay but they are on a Mac, so none of this applies.

----

When switching to the Duemilanove, did you remember to change the board type in the IDE?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up