Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Controlling and dimming outlets for aquarium lights  (Read 2358 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

On your relay board, the second largest-sized chip on that board marked "M7" on it is the diode. The stripe next to the "M" indicates the cathode, FWIW.

With respect to your LED blinking problem I would bet that it is the driver itself (assuming it's an AC driver?) acting inappropriately. Can you provide more details on that driver?

So what you are telling me is that my board has the diodes on them for surge suppression? Now I'm more confused about what could be causing this.

Here is my drivers

http://www.meanwell.com/search/LDD-H/LDD-H-spec.pdf

Thanks for your help.

Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Do your LEDs blink if you stop/start a high current appliance (e.g. a vacuum cleaner) on the same circuit?

View Profile

Do your LEDs blink if you stop/start a high current appliance (e.g. a vacuum cleaner) on the same circuit?

No. It only reacts when the relays discharge.  I have a 48 VDC 5A power supply to run my LED drivers and a 12vdc 3A power supply to run my arduino and cooling fans. I am using a 5v regulator that stepsdown the 12vdc to give power to my relay board.  In order for all PWM drivers and fans to work, everything is on a common ground. I think I might have to isolate the relay board with its own 5vdc power supply that doesn't share the same common ground. I don't know if I can do that since my relay board doesn't have the VCC JD-VCC jumper on it.

This is my basic setup. I have added a few thing since this pic.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: