Go Down

Topic: Can't upload on iMac (Read 335 times) previous topic - next topic

I have to computers: a one-year-old iMac and a three-year-old MacBook Pro. Both are running OSX 10.8.2. I bought a new Arduino UNO R3 and follow the official instructions to get it up and running and upload my first code to the Arduino: the Blink sketch. The steps I took on both machines:

* Download the IDE from the Arduino site for Mac, version 1.0.3
* Connect the Arduino to the machine using the USB cable that came with it
* Open the IDE and set the board to Arduino UNO and the serial port to /dev/tty.usbmodemXXXXX
* Open the Blink script and press the Upload button

On my MacBook Pro this works fine, on the iMac it doesn't. The symptoms I am experiencing on the iMac:

* Sometimes I have to connect the Arduino multiple times for the serial port to show up in the IDE. Also doesn't always show under Network preferences
* When it does and I try to upload, it gives the programmer does not respond error
* Also, when it does show up and I try to do a loopback test through the serial monitor, I do not get any response
* When trying to upload and when trying to do the loopback test the TX/RX leds flicker for a second or so, and then stop
* When an upload fails I get the serial port is in use sometimes. Takes a while of rebooting the IDE and reconnecting the Arduino in order for it to disappear

I tried all USB ports on the back of my iMac, and disconnected all other USB devices. On the MacBook Pro I use one of the USB ports on the side.

Anyone any idea of what could be the problem on the iMac?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131