Go Down

Topic: Another Mega2560 that does not upload. (Read 587 times) previous topic - next topic

rbid

Hello,

My son is in a group that does robotics in a bunch of projects. When I was helping them, other team had their Arduino Mega2560 that stopped to upload.
I tried to help them, but I could not reach any success, they have replaced the Mega with a second one, and also it did not work, only the third one worked.

• The first one it may be because some servo was using too much current and stopped to work after the student pressed "burn-butloader" by mistake, and the board was not identified by windows any more... (even changing drivers).

• The second one, does not finish uploading.

I took both boards home to play with them, when the scenario is: (with the board that does not finish uploading)

• Windows7 64bit

• Correct drivers for the Mega, the mega gets identified as it should be (COM port 3, Arduino Mega 2560 R3)

• The fist time you upload a sketch, it compiles OK and apparently starts to upload it as in the image below:

Screenshot

• The second time, the COM port is in use and all fails till I reset the board, disconnect the USB and connect it to a different port on my laptop.

• Every time the Mega board is powered, the led blinks once (next to pin 13)

• Running the loop-back test fails (http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73748.0.html)

Any hint?

For the second board, after this one works, I guess a new bootloader should be burned in.

I'm relatively new to the Arduino world. (I have a Due that my son is using in his team)

Thanks in advance.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy