Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth sound to selectabe speakers from Arduino uno R3 (Read 264 times) previous topic - next topic

WL888

Hi All
First Post.
Equipment :- UNO R3 surface mounted chip, BT transmitter, BT receivers (Bluetooth), Speakers

The project is a model train control with Bluetooth sound to the train.
There will be a maximum of 2 trains operating a one time, but there will be several trains available, each with its own speaker and its own sound characteristics.

Q1....Firstly, is it possible to have a single BT transmitter and several select-able independent BT receivers to drive a selected speaker ?

Q2....If so, what Bluetooth equipment is suitable for this ?

Q3....Are BT speakers select-able, ie say 3 speakers turned on but only 1 will accept the sound. This or similar is what i plan to use if suitable.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111807745435?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&var=410794794532&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have already developed the Train Controller with full features and still have 5 digital and 4 analog pins available, there will be a smart 1602 screen added when it arrives. Once tested, i will be happy to post results in the appropriate forum, let me know which.

I have added a Youtube link showing the general concept here :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAdigvwU7WI .

This shows some equipment , but i am looking for other options also.
Unfortunately this and similar projects seem to have died or been kept private. There may be a reason for this.

Enough for this post
Thanks in advance
Doug  :)

Grumpy_Mike

Q1 - no
Q2 - not applicable
Q3 - no

Basically you can not transmitt sound through a Uno and a Bluetooth add on board as it does not support the audio protocol.

WL888

Thanks Mike
New approach...directional speakers in the hand controller run off a DFPlayer mini, not a sweet as DCC but in an enclosed room it should be suitable, from what i have seen the delay between tracks is so small as not to be a problem, will find out for sure when player and other bits arrive in post.
Doug
 :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy