Relay RF Control

Hi all,
I am working on a project for basic home automation. I currently have a relay setup into a outlet box and can control whatever is plugged into the outlet via my pc.
My general concern now is that how can I move this wireless.(the connection between the relay and the arduino) Or would I have to have an Arduino unit for each outlet box. This could get expensive.
I currently have:
Arduino UNO
SPDT Relay and circuitry inside the outlet box. (220V power)

I have though of doing the following:
Control the outlet box with RF : http://www.hobbytronics.co.za/p/28/433mhz-rf-link-kit

Would this be possible and If so , how would I proceed?
Any alternatives?

Have you seen this library: GitHub - sui77/rc-switch: Arduino lib to operate 433/315Mhz devices like power outlet sockets. ?

I was playing around with it during the holidays and wrote this example:
https://github.com/lasselukkari/Arduino-RC-Timer-Switch (mega only)

thanks for the response.
I take from your reply that it would be possible for me to control the relay using the RF linkkit.

So i can control my relay without wiring directly to the UNO using this method?

Fransh:
thanks for the response.
I take from your reply that it would be possible for me to control the relay using the RF linkkit.

So i can control my relay without wiring directly to the UNO using this method?

The radio controllable switches I used are so cheap that I wouldn't bother to build the receiving end by myself. And atleast here Finland the legistlation is so that this has been the only legal way I know to control the mains AC with out being a qualified electrician.

If you want to use your own relays you could probably use the VirtualWire library instead.

The other main possibility is to use X-10 or Insteon remote controlled switches, dimmers etc. Google those names and you'll find many. The 220V options are more expensive :frowning:

I'd recommend using something like the JeeNode. This is what I have controlling my light switches:

It's just an ATTiny84 with a RFM12B transceiver and a custom board. It is programmed using the same library as the JeeNodes.