Arduino leonardo + sd

Hello, I am a novice user of arduino.
I can not get arduino leonardo communicate with the sd card.
I wanted to know if someone actually succeeded and attach code + scheme
Thank you for your time spent

ciao sono un utente inesperto di arduino.
Non riesco a far comunicare arduino leonardo con la scheda sd.
Volevo sapere se qualcuno realmente sia riuscito e allegare codice + schema
Grazie per il vostro tempo dedicato

I can not get arduino leonardo communicate with the sd card.

The Leonardo doesn't have an SD card. Perhaps that is the problem.

If you added one, defining which one, and how it is connected, and what code you are using, and what problems you are having, might be useful things to do.

but is possible to comunicate ?

gio03gio:
but is possible to comunicate ?

It should be no problem. If you want help, answer the questions PaulS posted.

Bear in mind the SD library uses SPI, and the SPI data lines on a Leonardo are available only on the ICSP connector. They are not available on any digital pins.

The Ethernet shield works fine .

It is also possible to use SdFat on Leonardo with software SPI. This allows Uno style SD shields to be used. I posted Leonardo software for the Adafruit data logging shield here AdafruitLogger20121219.zip Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting..

fat16lib:
The Ethernet shield works fine .

Thanks, fat16lib. Just one condition:
If the ethernet shield is the new type with the ICSP connector, it will work fine. The older versions without the ICSP header on the bottom will not work without serious pin bending.

hi fat16lib
I bought Adafruit data logger
I downloaded the file but can not compile it.
Could you explain how you did it?
thanks

What file? There are at least two files available to download from the internet. Maybe even more.

What version of the IDE are you using?

Why can't you click the Verify button in the IDE?

I bought Adafruit data logger
Could you explain how you did it?
thanks

How did you install the libraries and what are the error messages? Did you copy the libraries I2cMaster, SdFat, and SoftRTClib, to your libraries folder?

SurferTim,

If the ethernet shield is the new type with the ICSP connector, it will work fine. The older versions without the ICSP header on the bottom will not work without serious pin bending.

I forgot the R1 Ethernet shield. The R1 Ethernet SD should work with software SPI.

thanks I managed to solve the problem

Hi gio03gio

I have recently purchased a Arduino Leonardo with the intention of using it with the Adafruit Data Logger. I was wondering how you managed to get it to work?

Cheers

Jase :slight_smile: