Go Down

Topic: its possible to change dir in an AC motor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

copachino

that what i thought but, how can u change the polarity???, the only thing tha came to my mind its something like a opamp.... but maybe there is a simple way to do it

Grumpy_Mike

It is AC, it doesn't have a polarity!

With AC first one wire is positive and the other is negative, the in a 60th of a second (or so ) this is reversed. The change over from one state to the next is normally a smooth sinusoid.

zoomkat

120vac box window fans have bidirection and speed setting capabilitys, so a google search might produce working info.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

copachino

It is AC, it doesn't have a polarity!

With AC first one wire is positive and the other is negative, the in a 60th of a second (or so ) this is reversed. The change over from one state to the next is normally a smooth sinusoid.

yes it doesnt have polarity but.... i have made i small experiment, i just put upside-down the stator and as spected the motor changes from CW to CCW.... so, may be a posible way to change dir externaly or that what i think...

Grumpy_Mike

yes it doesnt have polarity

No it doesn't, what makes you think it does!!!
Live and return are not polarities.

i just put upside-down the stator and as spected the motor changes from CW to CCW

That means you have a motor like retrolefty talked about, that is why I asked you what sort of motor you had in the first reply.

Go Up