Go Down

Topic: atmega1284 programming from a 328 chip (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

malc-c

Crossroads... sent you a mail but not received a reply.. looking for the cost of a bare board and a bootloader programmed 1284 posted to the UK.  Can you advise please

CrossRoads

When did you send it?  I don't think it arrived, I've been watching for one. Or I missed in the daily flood of forum e-mails.

Anyway, $5 for the board, $8.14 for the 1284Pchip, no charge for bootloading, $5 for shipping in padded envelope.
So $18.50, paypal to cardinalflyer at comcast dot net

You will be building up for 16 MHz operation with a crystal, yes?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

malc-c

Hi,

Yes, using a 16mhz xtal with caps.

Have sent you a PM regarding the previous mail etc

Malcolm

malc-c

Robert,

Fantastic service - and whilst I wait for a few of the other components to arrive I've breadborded the 1284p as per this schematic

having downloaded the files from the site http://maniacbug.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/arduino-on-atmega1284p-4/  I can select the board in the drop down list, however when I come to upload the blink example I get the attached error.

I've tried swapping the TX / DX leads - no affect, different baud rates - no affect - on my FTDI board I get what seems to be a good comms as both TX and RX leds pulse, and shorting these wires results in an echo on the serial monitor, so the FTDI is working fine.

Anyone have any suggestions.  I thought the transition from PIC to AVR / Ardunio was going to be a smooth one !

CrossRoads

Can't see the schematic, try again?

Do have DTR connected as well?  If not, you'll need to press Reset after the "Binary sketch size" message comes up.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up