As I mentioned in my previous
post, I have two Mega2560 boards that were given to me in order to "try" to revive them.
One I guess that the bootloader or fuses corrupted and one that windows does nor recognize.
Connecting the board to any PC (WinXP, Win7 32bit, Win7 64bit) always give the Micro$oft:
Using a useful tool that allows to display the USB connected devices on your PC (USBView.exe
downloaded from the FTDI Utilities page
I can see that the board that windows does nor recognize, does not enumerate:
bMaxPacketSize0: 0x00 (0)
Current Config Value: 0x00
Device Bus Speed: Low
Device Address: 0x00
Open Pipes: 0
Any hint how this can be resolved?
- Is this a Hardware problem? (I'm not sure if the problem started after a student provided the wrong voltage to the Mega or because the student tried to burn a sketch to the bootloader)
Powering the board, gives life signals:
- After power, the ON led is ON
- The LED next to the 13th pin blinks once every time the board is reset
- Is this bootloader problem?
- Can't run the loopback test.. the hosting PC does not recognice the board...
- But the board gives live signals..
What advice can you give me?
I have a JTAGICE3
I got on an ATmell seminar draw, that I was not sure how to use then (AVR is not my strong, I work with ARM processors)
I guess that it is possible to burn the bootloader with it.. but I could not find any hint here in arduino.cc. Do you have any advice on how to use it?
Thanks in advance...