Go Down

Topic: overvoltage issue(is the arduino board also damaged?) (Read 446 times) previous topic - next topic

hasuino

Jul 15, 2013, 11:02 am Last Edit: Jul 15, 2013, 08:02 pm by homari91 Reason: 1
I'm using win-xp,arduino uno R3, and it was working ok, until I ,by mistake, applied a 12v on the 5 v pin (for only a second maybe) now I can't upload sketches, it says:    
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00  

notes:  -now when I press reset button the led doesn't blink like before(it's always on).
         -green led is also on.
         -my pc still recognize the ardunio(arduino com6...)but only when I remove the atmega328.
         -the 5v pin and 3.3 v pin, both don't give the voltage they supposed to,I removed the atmega328 and measure the voltage out of them and both give around 3v(3.09 exactly).
my guess :  atmega328 is damaged. so,what if i buy a new one, would it work or there might be other problems like crystal damage or any other components on the board?should i consider buying a new arduino board?

Erdin

It is hard to tell what else could be damaged.
Not the crystal, but for example a logic chip or capacitor, or only 1 single pin of the atmega for the USB.

You better buy a new one.

Perhaps you could try to buy a ATmega328p. You have to set the bootloader into it. If it works (I doubt it), the board is no longer reliable anyway.

hasuino

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy