Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Temp pressure flow and on/off  (Read 478 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ok so here is my project. I am dealing with water and compressed air.
Water pressure will be 0 to 150
Water temp will be from 0 to 100
This is not nesisary but extremely cool. Monitor the flow rate in gpm.
Air pressure is from 0 to 200
Air temp I'm not sure it's from a compressor so I want to say 0 to 300
I have a air chiller so I would like it to display the difference from the air temp comming out of the compressor to what the temp is after the chiller.     
I  also using two irrigation vales to turn the air and water on when I tell it.

Ok so I have the uno controller that's it. My goal is to wirelessly despaly this to a private web page were I can have all of it displayed but also be able to open and close the valves sepertly. Is this possible? I don't know scripting really well but would love to learn. Please give me help. If you need anymore info let me know. I need something simple

Edison Member
View Profile

psi, mbar, hPa, inHg, ftH2O, N/m2, atm, Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin  ?

I think that gpm is gallons per minute ?

Mayne Island, BC, Canada
PICs, Arduinos and Pi, Oh My!
View Profile

Umm,  I don't think you will find a "simple" solution,  but here are some starting points....

What you are looking for is quite possible, thats the good news.

The less good news is that the parts/modules will get expensive unless you design, build and program your own devices.

So look at http://www.electricIMP.com   their neat little modules allow for basic sensor input into an http service. You will need an account and a breakout board and some other bits and pieces to suit your sensors.

www.hobby-boards make some nice, but expensive 1-wire sensor boards

Search Digikey or Mouser, etc for 1-wire components such as the DS18S20 for 1-wire digital temperature measurement. I don't think it will handle 300F though.

Search Digikey, Mouser, etc for LM34, LM35 analog sensors- these are inexpensive and accurate when properly implemented.

http://www.Adafruit.com sells fluid control valves.

Going deeper.....  Arduino UNO is a good base platform to experiment with. Be careful about sensor voltage, vs. your MCU voltage though. Shields are available to connect an Arduino to the ethernet and through a POST command, data can be sent to a web server somewhere to process and display, store in a database, send error messages, hook up to twitter, messaging or even your local 911 if you need to.

I would suggest you use 1-wire for your sensors and control since the wiring is very simple (i.e. a daisy chain), vs. I2C or serial.

An alternative is the Raspberry Pi, if you can get hold of one. It is a UNIX based MCU on an I/O board with ethernet embedded.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. 

smiley

Don't breath in the magic smoke!

Don't breath in the magic smoke!

View Profile

This is my first time using this and i have never done script before. I think that I will start with Water temp f and air temp f and water psi and air psi.

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Best start with working through the sketches in the tutorial section a few days (build them) to learn how the language of Arduino works.
Time spent there is not wasted and you will learn a lot of code that you need for your project.

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: