Go Down

Topic: Video flicker problem with lots of scope data (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

What size wire is used between the 12v battery and the 4a load, and how long is that wire?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

David82

What size wire is used between the 12v battery and the 4a load, and how long is that wire?
It is just whatever thickness is usually used in PC power supplies. Then it goes into a solid copper cat5 cable and back to pc power supply wire. From there it is soldered to the thicker pigtails wires that came with the 4amp motor.

zoomkat

Then it goes into a solid copper cat5 cable and back to pc

Cat5 cables have 8 conductors, how many of these did you use for the power +- power wires? You also seemed to missed the "how long" part of the question, especially the cat5 section.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

David82

just one is ground, one is 12v+ that powers the camera, one is the power for the 4amp load, one is +video, and the other four are going to two bi-directional motors which, by the way, have no effect at all on the video when used.

David82

Jan 14, 2013, 05:45 am Last Edit: Jan 14, 2013, 01:49 pm by David82 Reason: 1
These graphs are before and after adding a cap across ground and load+. I also tried other cameras, and powering those other cameras with a completely independent power supply (same results). Maybe the cap increases the current draw because the power supply has to  suddenly charge the cap and power the load.

Go Up