Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Ethernet Web Server With Airport Extreme  (Read 574 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I need some help pertaining to setting up a web server for an Arduino with Ethernet Shield from an Apple Airport Extreme so that it will be available to the world. I have the Arduino connected by an RJ45 LAN cable to an ethernet port on the Airport, and my sketches are working, but only locally. I can't seem to figure out the process from this point on. When I map the ports from the Airport, do I set the private IP as the Arduino's private IP or the Airport's? And then once I map it will other people be able to use my public IP on the port I forwarded to access the web server?

God Member
Get Bitlash: http://bitlash.net
View Profile

do I set the private IP as the Arduino's private IP or the Airport's?
Forward to the Arduino's private IP.

And then once I map it will other people be able to use my public IP on the port I forwarded to access the web server?
That's the theory.

-br

View Profile

do I set the private IP as the Arduino's private IP or the Airport's?
Forward to the Arduino's private IP.

And then once I map it will other people be able to use my public IP on the port I forwarded to access the web server?
That's the theory.

-br

I believe my problem is this. Every time I go to forward a port, I forward it to the Arduino's IP. However then the Airport must restart to apply this change. When this happens, the Arduino is given a new IP. The cycle continues forever?

God Member
Get Bitlash: http://bitlash.net
View Profile

It's slightly unexpected that the Arduino would get a new address each and every time.   

Perhaps if you gave the Arduino a fixed IP address instead of using DHCP to get an address for it, you could end the cat and mouse.

Alternatively, it may be possible to give the Arduino's mac address a permanent IP assignment in the Airport UI...

-br

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: