Go Down

Topic: Forcing IDE/AVRDude to re-compile libraries after changes have been made (Read 451 times) previous topic - next topic

Sam2D

I think it would probably be easier on Windows, unfortunately I'm working on a Mac for this.

Surely there's something simple I am missing? It can't be this hard, developing a library would be a nightmare otherwise, you'd only get to test it once.

Krupski

I think it would probably be easier on Windows, unfortunately I'm working on a Mac for this.

Surely there's something simple I am missing? It can't be this hard, developing a library would be a nightmare otherwise, you'd only get to test it once.

In MacOS, I would think the files are in "/tmp" since MacOS is actually BSD Linux.... (Leopard 10.5 and above)

If you find the files, try this command line in the "build.........." folder of the project you are trying to compile.

WARNING THE FOLLOWING COMMAND DELETES FILES - TEST IT IN A TEMPORARY DIRECTORY FIRST!

[font=monospace]find -name '*.[d|o]' -exec rm {} \;[/font]

Not sure if the syntax is exactly right for BSD.... but the idea is "find all files ending in .o or .d in this directory and all below and delete them".
Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Sam2D

Thanks for the tip, I'll try this soon, the only thing is I have already deleted all the temp files and it's still using a cached/compiled version of the library without my changes... so not sure this would really help.

Also, again surely I am missing something silly here. There must be a way to just tell the IDE 'recompile everything' or recompile the library I've just edited.

Robin2

Have you tried selecting a different board (say a Mega if you are programming for an Uno) and clicking verify. Don't worry if there are errors. Then change the board back to Uno.

The IDE seems to do a full when the board is changed - maybe it will solve your problem.

...R

Sam2D

Works perfectly on Windows, Mac OSX is doing something weird with files... guess Apple knows better than what I tell it to do  :smiley-roll:

Go Up