Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AC Fanuc Servo Motor  (Read 670 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi to everyone, i have some experience with arduino and processing, i have done some robotics project with arduino in prototype scale.
i was wondering, if i have a big ac servo motor like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANUC-ROBOT-AC-SERVO-MOTOR-a6-3000-A06B-0128-B175-/270790149665 

which are the electronic components that i should use to control it with arduino? , just like a dc servo, and if there are any, how to do this, i have no idea of AC unit so i need help..

in few words i want to control a Ac servo motor like a dc  with an arduino board...

Thanks

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

I found this: "This motor's info is the following: 6Nm TRQ, 10 Amp, 3 phase 114V @ 200Hz, Max 3000 RPM motors". That makes it difficult to drive from an Arduino. You would need three high voltage, high current H-bridges or similar to generate the 3 phase 200Hz power.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

And you'd need to find the pin out of the encoder - in fact it has 3 connectors - strikes me you need a Fanuc controller
unless the internet knows how to drive it properly.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

View Profile

so.. you're telling me that is not possible from an arduino to control this type of motor..

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Oh it might be possible - but it could be a _major_ project - you need to find out more information about it
before committing to anything - there's about 20 signals/pins on the thing for a start - have you found
specifications of them?  This is a high performance AC servo motor, it possibly has velocity and position
feedback and torque sensing etc etc - I don't know, Fanuc are the people to talk to...

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

What you need for that motor is the appropriate Fanuc Drive. If you are lucky it will have an option for STEP & DIRECTION inputs which would make for a fairly easy to control motor.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: