Go Down

Topic: Questions about the Due (Read 991 times) previous topic - next topic

Macnerd

OK. I have another question. Do any of the Arduinos support floating-point values? I don't think that they do.

Macnerd

I can't decide between the Due & the Mega 2560. The Mega 2560 is an 8-bit processor. Is it 8-bits internally as well? The Due is a 32-bit processor & its clock speed is 5 times as fast as the Mega 2560. Are there certain things that the Due can do better than the Mega 2560 because it has a bigger & faster processor? Are there limitations to the things that the Mega 2560 can do because it has a smaller & slower processor? I think that the prices for both are about the same.

MorganS

Apr 10, 2015, 04:53 am Last Edit: Apr 10, 2015, 04:56 am by MorganS
The Due has a more capable chip but many of those additional functions are disabled by Arduino. (Real time clock, Ethernet, watchdog, DMA...)

Some of the additional features useable on the Due are important to some people (CAN bus, dual I2C, 12-bit ADC, DAC...) If you're not sure if you need one of those, then stick with the Mega.

Macnerd

The Due has a more capable chip but many of those additional functions are disabled by Arduino. (Real time clock, Ethernet, watchdog, DMA...)
Do you know why they are disabled? What is "watchdog"?

Some of the additional features useable on the Due are important to some people (CAN bus, dual I2C, 12-bit ADC, DAC...) If you're not sure if you need one of those, then stick with the Mega.
I doubt if I would use the CAN bus.
I suppose that the Mega has one I2C, right? I think that the Mega has a 10-bit ADC, right? I think that the Mega doesn't have a DAC, right?

Macnerd

I have another question.The other day I watched a YouTube video where the narrator hooked a Due up to a BeagleBone Black. Both of them run at 3.3 volts. For what purpose would someone hook up a Due to a BeagleBone Black? I suppose that a number of Dues can be hooked up to a BeagleBone Black.

PCWorxLA

I have another question.The other day I watched a YouTube video where the narrator hooked a Due up to a BeagleBone Black. Both of them run at 3.3 volts. For what purpose would someone hook up a Due to a BeagleBone Black? I suppose that a number of Dues can be hooked up to a BeagleBone Black.
To use the GUI that you can program on the BBB, as it is, just like a Raspberry Pi, a fullblown Linux computer with a graphics processor/video output...

Ralf

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy