Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Parts list  (Read 251 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I just want to confirm, will these parts work together correctly? Do I need anything extra, or is there anything that I don't need to build an Arduino without the blue board?

x1 ATmega328P-PU http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Atmel/ATMEGA328P-PU/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtVoztFdqDXO6rEZqxeooRg
x1 16MHz Crystal http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CTS-Electronic-Components/ATS16B/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsBj6bBr9Q9aSLORZG%2fS%2fcqdBLxnWFvQvI%3d
x2 22pf Ceramic Disc Capacitors http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/140-50N5-220J-RC/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt1mVBmZSXTPPQUnq7ol7tGNTXXR8EPBxs%3d

Also, can I use a usb power supply, or do I need a wall plug?

Corinth, TX
View Profile

you can use a USB power supply or a wall plug, but you'll need more components.  Do remember that you need to supply the correct voltage to the chip or you will be buying a new chip smiley

View Profile

USB is 5v @ ~500mA. That'll work wont it?

I'm reading a instructable, what other parts am I missing? The only thing else it says is power and a bread board, but I have both of those.

EDIT: Oh, and a usb to serial programmer...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:26:24 pm by bkvaluemeal » Logged

Corinth, TX
View Profile

yes, you'll need the USB to serial board for initial programming, but not to run it. 

Also, you are correct the USB 5v will work just fine.  I only mentioned it b/c you said you were considering a wall adapter.

Good luck with your project!

View Profile

Thank you very much!

Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
A newbie with loads of posts, and still so much to learn !
View Profile

Basically, if you are going to program the chip on an arduino board, you just need an IC socket, a 5v supply, a 100nF decoupling cap,  two 22 pf caps, a crystal, and a 10k resistor from reset to 5v.

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Several 100nF caps - Vcc to Gnd, AVcc to Gnd, Aref to Gnd, and Reset to DTR input.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: