Go Down

Topic: LONG RANGE ARDUINO COMMUNICATION (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jremington

An inexperienced person who thinks its OK and presumably safe to put together a few bit of electronics and use it to control and fly an RC plane across a busy city, should not be encouraged in any case.
The chances of it actually happening are extremely low. If the builder gets far enough to try to fly the device, most likely it will crash immediately.

DMKL

Smorgo,

Thankyou for all your help. I plan on buying a turnigy 9x 9ch radio system instead. However, I will mod it in the future adding maybe an extra joystick etc.

And yes, Ill try my best to keep it legal. ;)

Oh and jrmingybreathton,

Im not a 2 year old, I dont just stick a few things together and expect my plane to soar in to the night sky. I know how to build an rc plane. I was just thinking about making my own remote control to challenge myself and make my project a bit more unique.

Bye :D

AWOL

my plane to soar in to the night sky.
So it's a low-light FPV?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

jremington

From the OP:

Remember, i would like to keep things as SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. Make sure the terms you use aren't to complicated otherwise i will struggle to understand you.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

DMKL

Move on. And know its not a low light pv use some common sense please. Im 14 get a grip

sandrorh_7

Some lora sx1278 claims 10km of range, but its with minimum data rate and payload i guess, nevertheless you could achieve 1 or 2km maybe sending 4 or 6 integers.

If , like you said, you are not good with programming i would advise against autonomous stuff.

Regarding flying , if you want to build your project good , at least you are doing something at 14, just fly in a safe area ,no houses or people and be carefull with high temperatures and dry forest , some crashes can lead to fires.

AWOL

Aug 19, 2017, 01:14 am Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017, 01:14 am by AWOL
Move on. And know its not a low light pv use some common sense please. Im 14 get a grip
But you wrote that your UAV would soar into the night sky.
If you don't have low-light gear, you'll not be able to control it correctly.

(Sorry, I probably posted this after your bed-time)

smorgo

But you wrote that your UAV would soar into the night sky.
No he didn't. He wrote

I dont just stick a few things together and expect my plane to soar in to the night sky
which I thought was a pretty eloquent turn of phrase to describe something that he's NOT doing.

Yoyogogo

At 14 he is doing pretty good. In Australia it IS legal to fly any aircraft on your own land. Plenty bigger places have own unregistered ultralights and they crash regularly with a pilot sitting in them. It is not easy to fly which is why there are rules regarding flight near people. Try ardupilot and rc plane forums. Plenty of rc use arduino type com's like xbee, even lora. Try 2.4 freq coms,its close but relatively cheap. Keep it simple and cheap like you said, even join rc plane club,  I near guarantee ring them they started out just like you and have second hand gear, not to mention multiple crash's which they have learnt from and have sussed out a good spot to fly.

Go Up