Go Down

Topic: Using External Clock Generators as Timers (Read 589 times) previous topic - next topic

bsk_goud

hello guys. i am in damn need of ur help.
Let me explain u the application first.

In my project, i need to sense three analog voltages signals and one speed signal from rotary encoder(of the motor). After performing some mathematical operations on those signals, i need to generate 2 PWM signals of same frequency but with different duty cycle.

How many timers are needed to do the job?

Can we use any extra oscillator( like 555 timer) to increase the number of timers??????????????

dhenry

From none to infinite, depending on the capabilities of the designer / programmer.

Can we use any extra oscillator( like 555 timer) to increase the number of timers??????????????

Yes.

holmes4

i need to sense three analog voltages signals and one speed signal from rotary encoder(of the motor).

None for this.

i need to generate 2 PWM signals of same frequency but with different duty cycle.

Two for this, if you use analogWrite()

Mark

PeterH

It depends on the nature of the PWM output, which you haven't told us anything about. What frequency and range of duty cycles do you need to support?
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

bsk_goud

I need 2 PWM output at 10khz frequency. these two PWMs are independent outputs.

please guide me. how to add 555 timer as extra timer for this.

PeterH

I believe this can be achieved using the internal timers, but you'll need to do some work to set the PWM frequency. Nick Gammon has written some excellent articles on using Arduino timers which I think will explain what you need to do.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up